The St. Louis County Library offers virtual programs and other resources for small business owners and entrepreneurs. Librarians also are on standby to assist you with learning and navigating free library resources for entrepreneurs. To take a step and book a librarian, click here.
SLCL programs in May include:
- 5/4 So you want to launch a nonprofit? Click here to register
- 5/5 Small business, big threat: How exposed is your business to cyber attacks? 10 a.m. Click here to register
- 5/6 Small Business Federal Contracting Certifications-8(a) and HUBZone, 10 a.m. Click here to register
- 5/11 Legal office hours for entrepreneurs, 6-8 p.m.
Click here to register 6 p.m.
Click here to register 6:30 p.m.
Click here to register 7 p.m.
Click here to register 7:30 p.m.
- 5/20 Prospecting customers and donors,10 a.m. Click here to register
Other resources and reminders for business owners:
- A 2021 marketing toolkit for small businesses, Click here
- Black Founder Start-Up Grant –SOGAL, Click here
- Tax deadline extended to May 17, Click here
May 2-8 is National Small Business Week. Here are ideas, programs and resources to support your goals.
- Appreciate your employees. Order lunch for them, or create a personalized note on their efforts, progress, lessons learned and a positive outlook for the future.
- Thank your customers. Share a message of gratitude with visits or purchases. Offer a promotion to encourage customer loyalty
- Build your business. Create a video, blog or social media campaign highlighting your mission/story and impact on your community. Use #SmallBusinessWeek in your posts.
- Shop local and support other entrepreneurs. Work in collaboration with another nonprofit or small business.
Like this article? Get more just like this sent directly to your inbox! Sign up for our weekly newsletter here.