According to the United Nations, global e-waste volumes grew by 21 percent between 2014 and 2019. Responding to the need for more environmental-friendly technology options, eCommsell, a St. Louis-based startup, personal electronics provider and online retailer, is introducing plug.
Plug is the company’s new brand, which has been renamed to embody its commitment to connecting people to reliable, certified pre-owned devices, helping them to save money and play a part in reducing unnecessary e-waste. Through industry-leading warranties and a dedication to elevating the customer experience, plug enables customers to feel confident purchasing certified pre-owned devices at 40 – 70 percent off.
“We strongly believe the only difference between purchasing our certified pre-owned devices and new technology should be the price,” said Oday Alyatim, founder and operations director of plug. “Plug is committed to setting the bar for superior customer experience in the industry, making it easy and worry-free for customers to buy certified pre-owned personal electronics with the same performance as new devices, including iPhones, Androids, iPads, Macs, AirPods, Smartwatches, accessories, and more.”
Company Growth, International Sales, and Expanded Headquarters
Since eCommsell’s founding in early 2020, the company has experienced significant growth, doubling its staff to 16 employees, and is expecting to double its number of employees again by the end of 2021. In October 2020, the company began selling and shipping to international customers around the globe, including major countries in North America, Europe, South America, Middle East, Eastern Europe, and more. Additionally, the company has expanded its St. Louis headquarters, upgrading to an approximate 15,000 square foot facility in St. Louis County, 400 percent larger than its former location.
“We’re seeing more people interested in affordable, environmentally friendly personal electronics,” said Alyatim. “As interest in renewed technology expands, the performance of plug’s certified pre-owned devices combined with our pricing, customer experience, reputation, and fast shipping are the leading factors fueling our growth.”
To ensure product performance, specialized technicians at plug’s St. Louis headquarters deep clean, sanitize and hand test every device with a rigorous 90+ point functionality evaluation. Only devices that meet the company’s high-quality standards are sold and come with a one-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other key customer offerings include:
- Condition grading: Full transparency on condition grading, with each device assigned one of three grades.
- Dedicated customer service team: Available to provide support and answer questions six days a week.
- Thoughtfully packaged devices and easy-to-follow setup instructions: Making the process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Purchases direct from plug:Eliminating the uncertainty of purchasing from an online marketplace with many unfamiliar sellers.
- Commitment to reducing e-waste and environmental-friendly practices: Plug is working to prevent one million working devices from reaching landfills by 2025. The company is ‘Responsible Recycling’ or ‘R2’ certified, the most widely adopted global standard and certification program for responsible practices for pre-owned electronics.
More information on plug can be found at the company’s website.
Like this article? Get more just like this sent directly to your inbox! Sign up for our weekly newsletter here.